The Artificial Intelligence and Information Analysis Laboratory (AIIA Lab, AIIA.CVML R&D group) of the School of Informatics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece (AUTH) has three open PhD candidate or predoc research positions. Applicants may become PhD candidates or just do R&D work (or do technical project management). The interested applicant should have theoretical and/or applied background in machine learning and computer vision, with an emphasis on deep learning. Potential (not exclusive) application domains include robotics/autonomous systems and digital media. Salary levels are very competitive.
- MSc degree (or any 4-5 year MSc or BSc degree) in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering.
- Good programming (C++, Python) and theoretical/math skills.
- Specialization or coursework in machine learning and/or computer vision are desirable.
- Publications in international journals or conferences are desirable.
- Good English writing skills.
* Applications of persons who are expected to finish their studies in the very near future are welcomed. PhD candidates that started already their PhD with other supervisors should NOT apply.
AIIA. CVML R&D projects
- TEMA https://tema-project.eu/
- SIMAR https://simar-project.eu/
- AI4Media https://www.ai4media.eu/ and AIDA https://www.i-aida.org/
- AI4Europe https://www.ai4europe.eu/
Interested candidates are kindly asked to send an e-mail to Prof. Ioannis Pitas email@example.com with their Curriculum vitae and possibly a transcript of mark records.
Professor at the Department of Informatics of AUTH and Director of the Artificial Intelligence and Information Analysis (AIIA) lab
Chair of the International AI Doctoral Academy (AIDA)